Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Unexpected

This is a hard subject to write about, I don't like to write about things that are sad or depressing or that frustrate me. Last Monday I unexpectedly started having contractions that wouldn't go away and ended up at the hospital and sent home on partial bed rest. Even though I have gone into preterm labor with my first two, this was very scary for me because, it was so early in the pregnancy. Last week was such a shock to us and this week has been much better,we rearranged a lot of things last week so I can be in bed when I need to be and still watch Michael and Ashley and do a few minor things around the house. Paul has been such a great support for me, I couldn't do it with out him. He now has the responsibility of doing most of the chores and watching the kids. I get more contractions at night so he pretty much takes over when he's home and does all the chores. We feel at peace and know everything is going to work out the way it's suppose to and have been able to bond even closer as a family. The baby is doing well, it is very active and healthy and has been unaffected by the contractions. We have been very lucky because I haven't started dilating yet and am not on full bed rest.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh my goodness, that is so scary. It's so crazy to me because you're not even as far along as I am, but it would terrify me to start having contractions already. My prayers are with you. Good luck!

Glover Family said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out. I'm not that far away! We are praying for you.